Sunday, September 11, 2016

Young Womens Camp

Back in May it was announced that the YW would be going on summer camp and that priesthood leaders were needed to attend.  I immediately said YES.  I have fond memories of girls camp with my girls and also while I was serving as Bishop.  As it turned out they needed help with cooking and I volunteered my equipment and I was the camp cook.  So from June 22-25 we attended Camp Sunrise, which is a girls camp, in the middle of the East Fork of the Bear (Hinckley Boy Scout Ranch).  The camp is independent of the other Boy Scout Camps.  It has it's own lake, archery and shooting ranch, showers, etc.  Brother Merle Keller, first counselor in the Bishopric went with me.  We were later joined by Elder Evans and Brother Neil Weight, high priest group leader and Bishop Kruger.

Since I had a truck I volunteered to haul the trailer full of all the gear.  I must say that I really enjoyed myself.  I was curious as to how the camp would be with the diversity of members in the ward.  We had 17 girls plus leaders attend.  There were 7 different nationalities represented; Caucasian, Pakistani, Native American, Tongan, Samoan, Hawaiian, and African American.  All got along well and actually no real drama...you know there usually is.  Great fun and those islanders can EAT!

I have attached a few pictures.  Bishop Kruger is standing next to me.



No comments: